Thursday, October 15, 2009

Confession

Dear Church Family,

I recently shared in church a quote from FF Bosworth about confession. In case you didn’t get it written down, here it is: “A spiritual law that few of us recognize is that our confession rules us. It is what we confess with our lips that really dominates our inner being. Nothing will establish you and build your faith as quickly as confession. The confession of your lips that has grown out of faith in your heart will absolutely defeat the adversary in every combat. GOD CAN BE NO BIGGER IN YOU THAN YOU CONFESS HIM TO BE.”

Proverbs 18:21 tells us, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” Mark 11:23 and James 3:3-5 are also wonderful verses about how our words spoken in faith will affect what we see in life. If you don’t like what you are seeing, check up on what you are saying.

This brings us back to the very important discipline of meditating on the Word of God day and night (Joshua 1:8). The only way you are going to speak the right things is by meditating on the right things. You’ve got to be full enough of God’s Word that it is coming out of your mouth and bringing forth the things that God wants to do for you. You may have to catch yourself if you start to speak the wrong thing. I have done that several times. I choose to speak what God says. Most people are used to making all kinds of negative confessions every day. So if you’re going to do this, it is going to take a lot of discipline, especially at first.

Let’s practice a little by making these confessions: I am a child of God. I am blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ. I am the healed of the Lord. All of my needs are met according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. I have the mind of Christ, the wisdom of God, the ability of God, the strength of God, and the power of God working in my life. The joy of the Lord is my strength. The peace of God guards my heart and mind. I am blessed to be a blessing. Thank you Lord for using me for your glory in the earth!

Pastor Rebecca and I love you and pray for you daily. May God bless you richly.

Pastor Jeff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home