Monday, April 12, 2010

Safe in Daddy's Arms

Dear Church Family,

I want to share something about our little Joshua that I hope will encourage all of you in the fact that we have an awesome heavenly Father who can always be trusted to protect us and look out for us. Joshua is used to being held much of the time in our house. If Glory isn’t holding him, often one of the boys is. Sometimes they will hand him back and forth to each other, talking to him and trying to get him to smile. I can only imagine what is going through his little mind some days as he is getting handed around from one child to the other. He is hearing all the noises they make, feeling them tickle his little cheeks, and watching them try yet one more look to try to get him to smile.

Although Joshua loves his brothers and sister, there are times he just wants mom or dad. There have been times when the kids have had him for a while and I will decide it is my turn to hold him. Several times he has looked up at me after being handed to me by one of the kids as if to say “thank you for rescuing me”. He then closed his eyes and went to sleep within about five seconds. I barely got a chance to look into his eyes or to tell him I love him. It was as if he was waiting until he felt secure enough to close his eyes and go to sleep. He knew that in his dad’s arms he was safe, loved, and protected.

Recently this played out once more. Again, Joshua fell asleep in my arms in about five seconds. I looked down at him and thanked God for our little treasure from above. The Lord reminded me of how much He loves each of His children and that He wants each of us to feel that safe with Him as our Father.

Psalm 91:1-2 says “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress, My God, in Him I will trust’”. No matter what is going on in the world we can feel as safe as a baby in its daddy’s arms, knowing that our Father loves us that much and more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home